If your property sustained damage - instructions from FEMA

posted almost 7 years ago by caitria from Supporting Resilient Communities, Inc. Labels: needs
This update is over 30 days old.

The amount of damage to property of all kinds is as yet unknown and continuing to be assessed. Select from the "Emergency Management" and "Flood Resource" links for important and helpful information regarding property protection and damage clean up resources.

If you have sustained damage to your property or business:

Protect personal property from additional damage when it is safe to do so. Contact your insurance company for information about your coverage, responsibilities and how to file an insurance claim. Register/file with FEMA at www.fema.gov/you-apply or 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) to start identifying possible avenues for disaster relief. Identify other resources of information and assistance. Select from the "Emergency Management" and "Flood Resource" links. Claims against the city for damages are only paid when the city is legally responsible for damage. This does not include natural disasters or Acts of God, including damage caused by floods. Contact FEMA for flood relief. If you believe the city is legally responsible for damages to your property, visit the Claims Against the City Web page for additional information.


No comments yet.

Post a new comment

News by topic

Other recent news